pspp-users

Re: limitations to missing values ?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: limitations to missing values ?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 07:30:29 +0100

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 12:48:45AM +0100, news wrote:
     Hi,
     To my surprise a MISSING VALUES does not work.

     I ave a metric variable with the missing values 7 8 9 and want to
     add the value of 3 to the list of missings.

     So, I tried first the first command, and as this did not work
     then the others in this list :
     miss val political (3, 7 , 8, 9).
     miss val political (3 thru 9).
     miss val political (3 thru hi).

     And never the 3 becomes missing !

     Are there limits to the number of missing a variable can have ? I
     looked into the doc , but did not find info about an eventual
     limit.

You can have only a maximum of 3 dicrete missing values.  This is explicitly
mentioned in Section 11.6 of the manual.

     Any idea appreciated.

However, you can have a range of values plus a single discrete value. So
in your case something like:

 missing values x (7 thru 9 3).

will do what you want.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3