pspp-users

How can I get csv field names to get into the PSPP variable names?

From: Ricardo Mejias
Subject: How can I get csv field names to get into the PSPP variable names?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 19:41:38 +0000

Ben Pfaff wrote:

The version you provided isn't readable in the email I received.
The version is: 1.6.2-g78a33a

Do you mean, how do you do it from the GUI?  Yes.  There is a checkbox in the
import interface that says "Line above selected line contains variable
names." Select the first line of data and then check the checkbox:
[image: image.png]

These are all the steps of the import interface:  Nowhere is there any place that says "Line above selected line contains variable names."  I ran out of space on my email to show print shots, but the last step was pressing Apply, and neither the data view or the variables view had any the variable names on them that were on the first row of the csv file.  Just which step of the interface is this line you referred to?

When I click on the five items on the upper left corner nothing happens.

When I click on the five items on the upper left corner nothing happens.

When I click on the five items on the upper left corner nothing happens.

When I click on the five items on the upper left corner nothing happens.  And none of those check boxes are related to "Line above selected line contains variable names."

The same here