psychosynth-user

[psynth-user] Master’s thesis and new release!

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: [psynth-user] Master’s thesis and new release!
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:12:34 +0200

{ From: http://planet.gnu.org/psychosynth/?p=23 }

As previous posts announce, latest developments were driven by my
Master's Thesis held in the University of Granada. Last week I defended
it and now I am, officially, a software engineer  The document is
written in English; it is the best description available of all the new
core refactoring and an interesting read if you want to contribute to
the project.

Download Master's thesis:
http://psychosynth.com/misc/pfc.pdf

Also, a new release was made including lastest advancements in the core
library and some small user level improvements and fixes. You can
download it here.

Changelog for Psychosynth 0.2.1
-------------------------------

* Now real-time priority is properly acquired for the audio
thread in POSIX systems whenever possible.
* New modular synthesis engine included in the framework -- not
yet used by the UI, providing:
  - Hierarchical patches. One can have a full patch inside one
node that may be later store and or loaded from the hard drive.
  - Any kind of signal can be processed now.
  - Multiple output and input ports can coexist.
  - Plug-in system is much easier to implement on top of the new
system.
* New code uses some new C++0x features implemented in new
compilers only. With this release, GNU Psychosynth requires GCC
4.6 to compile.