pupa-devel

Reading blocks doesn't work correctly

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Reading blocks doesn't work correctly
Date: 09 Dec 2003 01:14:52 +0100

Hi,

After playing a bit with pupa-emu I have noticed that some blocks are
read incorrectly.  This only happens when the block was recently
written to it seems.

I am quite confident this is not a ext2fs bug.  The blocknumbers found
my PUPA ext2fs and GRUB ext2fs (shown with `blocklist') are
identical.

One thing I did was copying /etc/fstab to /tmp/fstab (I use fstab for
testing all the time, it's a weird habbit ;)).  I've used cat in both
GRUB and PUPA to show this file.  After copying it works perfectly but
after changing the file only PUPA fails.  The file is shown almost
correctly but with some byes changed.

Is this a caching problem in linux?  I thought this was already
fixed...

Well, I just wanted to report this bug.  I hope someone has an idea
how to fix this.  Hopefully I have some time to have a look at this
tomorrow or so.

Thanks,
Marco