py-rrdtool-users

[py-rrdtool-users] py-rrdtool usage

From: Markus Törnqvist
Subject: [py-rrdtool-users] py-rrdtool usage
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:48:31 +0200

Hi!

I would like to inquire about the state of documentation.

Reading the source code did not give me much help, since I'm not a master
programmer and pretty unacquainted with C, so what if someone put up
at least an example on creating an rrd file?

When I checked with pydoc, it looked more like a copypaste from the shell
commands. Like wtf. Naturally python spew error messages at me when it
didn't work.

This total lack of consideration for users is disturbing, to put it mildly.
Why would anyone want to create a utility that's neither documented
nor usable?
I hope someone out there re-implements rrd in python, if the situation is
not corrected. Just take a look at python-cdb's documentation, it's not
much, but it states clearly how it's used. Can't have taken more than
two minutes to write it.

Oh well, guess I have to write everything with os.system().

Awaiting your reply,

--
Markus Törnqvist