pydonkey-gui

[Pydonkey-gui] GUI

From: BuziFuzee
Subject: [Pydonkey-gui] GUI
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:53:10 +0200

So, the gui will be a webfrontent, because it's easier to implement and most flexible.

It will be based on the CGIHTTPServer API of pyhton, calling our cgi-scripts. So people can use it also with their own http-server if they want to.

I'm planning to integrate an API for the standard edonkey-core also, maybe that will be bring us some users for pysocket and some kind of interest for our project.

Yesterday I coded already some stuff for the edonkey-gui protocol.

The look of the interface will be pretty much the same as edonkey or all others, because all are used to it. For the slotsbar (where one can see which slots were already downloaded etc.) I had the idea to make an html-table with the sizes according to the slots. It's quite easy to implent it with cgi.

For one-second update of the gui, we can use the meta-tag: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=http://myhomeclient/pyp2peer/cgi-bin/gui.py?update";> for example.

Where the interval can be changed to for example every 5 seconds.

I think this will be great.
Spikeee