pyformex-dev

[pyformex-dev] HOWTO for Developers

From: Benedict Verhegghe
Subject: [pyformex-dev] HOWTO for Developers
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:42:47 +0100

Hi guys,

I have been working on the howto for developers, to give our new member
Wenxuan some starting information. It is far from finished, but already
useful. From the source (HOWTO-dev.rst in the top directory) you can
generate a more readable PDF using the rst2pdf command. Any ideas for
improvements and expansion welcome. Maybe in future we mwill make it
part of the pyFormex Documentation.

@Wenxuan: I will send you a PDF version by private mail. Please go
through the (first part of) the document, and report if some things are
unclear, incorrect or unsufficient. You can also compare the PDF
document with the source (HOWTO-dev.rst) in revision 2131. The source is
reStructuredText, which we also use to generate the website, the
documentation, the reference manual. All the documentation strings in
the Python source code are also written in reStructuredText. It looks
like normal text, but has some strict formatting rules, making it easy
to process automatically.
One of your first major tasks may be to help in checking and improving
these documentation strings (from which the reference manual is generated).

Benedict