pygsear-users

Re: [pygsear] class inheritance

From: Lee Harr
Subject: Re: [pygsear] class inheritance
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 06:15:35 +0000

Lee
I just checked out 42.1, nice.

Thanks. I am trying to wrap my brain around twisted right now to
get a simple networked tank game going.

I like chase.py. I looked at the code. I have been recently trying to learn oop.
The class declaration:
class AGame(Game.Game) is not something I've seen.
May I ask you to elaborate?

Game is the name of a pygsear module. It is also the name of a
class in the Game module. If the class had been called ProtoGame
then the class declaration would have been:

import Game
class AGame(Game.ProtoGame):

or, I could have imported that particular class only like:

from Game import ProtoGame
class AGame(ProtoGame):

Hope that makes it more clear...

Is there a plan to allow drawing in euclid.py?

You can draw with euclid just as with penguin. Just use

from euclid import *

instead of

from penguin import *

A few differences:
- the point (0, 0) is in the center of the screen
- 1 unit is (by default) 30 pixels
- the penguin's name is tom :o)

Have fun!