pypdflib-dev

Re: [pypdflib-dev] Pypdflib and fonts

From: Murthy Raju
Subject: Re: [pypdflib-dev] Pypdflib and fonts
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 13:42:23 +0530

> Yes,  Pango rendering engine gives a callback for each line it
> renders. It calculates the line height required for the given text and
> font, fontsize. According to this value we increment y coordinates in
> the page

I was trying to use an OpenType font from CDAC - GIST-TMOTChanakya.
But the behavior seems to be common for any ttfonts.

I notice that the line spacing as rendered by pypdflib is much larger
than the one rendered by other applications such as gdit or Libre
Office writer for a given font. Is there anyway, I can remedy this? If
it is OK to attach image files, I can attach a few screenshots to
illustrate this. Or would you recommend uploading them somewhere and
giving a link in the mail?

Regards,
Murthy Raju