qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] [RFC] target-arm: fix semihosting ram base i

From: Tsung-Han Lin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [Qemu-devel] [RFC] target-arm: fix semihosting ram base issue
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 15:11:54 +0900

> On 18 Jun 2016, at 01:22, Tsung-Han Lin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... It seems like to me that the issue is the default address assumed by qemu, which is 0x0.
> (since Eclipse QEMU uses the same code, I believe they have the same problem.)

it uses the same main code, but with many improvements.

if I remember right, for semihosting there were several small problems requiring changes, but they were all fixed now. you can give it a try (http://gnuarmeclipse.github.io/qemu/options/).

in addition to semihosting, which I use for running the CMSIS++ tests, GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU also implements graphical animated LEDs for a selection of boards, which might be very convenient for simple blinky tests.

Hi,

Thanks again.

Actually I've tried Eclipse version, but I couldn't find the option that I need,
which like I wrote in the previous replies is the ram address part.(not just Cortex-M)
I need to change it to some of my customized created boards's defined values every time I change to another one.

Also, since I need to work on CLI environment to do some semihosting tests,
I would really like to have this ram base issue solved in the mainline qemu code.

Regards,

regards,

Liviu

--