qemu-arm

[Qemu-arm] How to use pipe for interaction between Guest and Host

From: Jiahuan Zhang
Subject: [Qemu-arm] How to use pipe for interaction between Guest and Host
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:01:20 +0100

Dear everybody,

I wonder how to realize the interaction between qemu guest and the host. there is

"-chardev pipe ,id=id ,path=path"

Create a two-way connection to the guest. The behaviour differs slightly between Windows hosts and other hosts:

On Windows, a single duplex pipe will be created at \\.pipe\path.

On other hosts, 2 pipes will be created called path.in and path.out. Data written to path.in will be received by the guest. Data written by the guest can be read from path.out. QEMU will not create these fifos, and requires them to be present.

in qemu user documentation. Are there any pipe implementation emaples?

I am using qemu in windows. I cannot understand the directory \\.pipe\path.

Any friends can help? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jiahuan