qemu-arm

[Qemu-arm] Llist misconfiguration

From: Jerry Stuckle
Subject: [Qemu-arm] Llist misconfiguration
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 14:19:00 -0400

All,

OK, I finally figured out why my server was bouncing some messages from
this list (which lead to my having to renew my membership).

The bottom line is - the list is misconfigured, as alluded to in RFC6376.

The problem lies when the originator of the message is from a domain
which has implemented DKIM on their server.  On sending, the originating
MTA creates a hash from the message and stores it in the header.

When the mail list sends the message on, it keeps the from: as the
originator.  However, it either does not send the hash or the hash has
changed due to the message changing.  I can't tell which because our
email servers reject invalid DKIM signatures.

What other mailing lists have done (and the correct way) is to change
the from: header to come from the list, and have the originator in a
ReplyTo: field.

Maybe it doesn't seem like a problem now, but I'm seeing more and more
companies implementing DKIM and more and more of those are rejecting
invalid DKIM signatures.

Jerry