qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] [RFC v3] qapi: command category to stimulate high-level m

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [RFC v3] qapi: command category to stimulate high-level machine devices
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:58:53 +0200

  Hi,

> I prefer the WebSocket route over creating a fake display that will not
> be able to implement complex widgets well.

Makes sense.

> Gerd: What is your preference?  Do you want board-specific fake displays
> inside the QEMU process as the long-term direction for UIs?

Well, it isn't the one or the other, we could actually do both.  For the
deployments you are looking for the websocket approach proably works
best.  Being able to do at least simple stuff (say led display and
a+b+reset buttons) with a fake display, without requiring setting up
something separate for the UI can be quite useful too.

Your call.