qemu-arm

Re: [RFC/PATCH v0 12/12] gunyah: Documentation

From: Srivatsa Vaddagiri
Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH v0 12/12] gunyah: Documentation
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:03:38 +0530

* Philippe Mathieu-Daud? <philmd@linaro.org> [2023-10-12 06:52:04]:

> > +Limitations
> > +-----------
> > +
> > +Below features are not yet supported.
> > +
> > +* virtio-pci (support for which in Qemu seems to rely heavily on KVM, which
> > +  needs to be made multi-hypervisor friendly).
>
> Is QUIC interested in working on that? My work introducing
> AccelCPUState to make CPUState accel-agnostic was done in that
> direction, but I didn't notice much interest in the community
> so I unprioritized it.

Hi Phil,
        We do want to see Gunyah support merged in Qemu at the earliest (as soon
as the kernel driver is merged upstream that is), so any dependent change in
Qemu for Gunyah would be of much interest to us! I am not sure though if Quic
can sign up for the entire "make cpustate accel agnostic" work. Can you point
to your ongoing work that I could take a look at? Would that address virtio-pci
becoming accelerator agnostic?

Thanks!
vatsa