[Qemu-block] bogus bdrv_check_request in bdrv_co_discard

From: Olaf Hering
Subject: [Qemu-block] bogus bdrv_check_request in bdrv_co_discard
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 13:11:40 +0100

What is the purpose of the bdrv_check_request() call in bdrv_co_discard?

It seems a frontend cant possibly know what the limit is in the
qemu-of-the-day, I found no interface to propagate
BDRV_REQUEST_MAX_SECTORS into the guest.

I think to handle nb_sectors > BDRV_REQUEST_MAX_SECTORS bdrv_co_discard
has to split the request into smaller chunks, just as it does a few
lines down in the function.

Olaf