Re: [Qemu-block] your mail

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] your mail
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:35:23 +0100

Am 16.11.2016 um 20:41 hat Christopher Oliver geschrieben:
> This patch (hack?) works around the slowness in SEEK_HOLE for large dense
> files
> on Linux tmpfs.  It may improve life elsewhere as well, and the penalty of
> the checks
> should be vanishingly small where it is not needed.
>
> If I'm subtly (or not so subtly) wrong, please fire back.

Can't quote the commit message easily because you put it into an
attachment, but I'm not sure if we can make the assumption you're
making. Accessing a raw image from multiple VMs sounds valid to me
as long as a cluster file system is used.

Kevin