Re: [Qemu-block] qemu-img: complains about missing iscsi option group

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] qemu-img: complains about missing iscsi option group
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:29:46 +0000

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 12:24:02PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> >> Any preference which file? It seems no other block driver registers
> >> options.
> > ISCSI is somewhat bizarre in that it has a separate global -iscsi arg
> > instead of just accepting all args via the -drive spec like every other
> > block driver does, so there's no precedent to follow.
> >
> > So suggest we just need a block/iscsi-global.c to deal with this.
>
> Why not block/iscsi.c itself?

block/iscsi.c is a module, so not linked to qemu emulators by default.
You could still have the iscsi options in that file if you used a
conditional and built the same file twice with different content,
but it seems easier to just use a separate file

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|