Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] migration issue with qemu 2.10-rc2: QEMU c

From: Christian Ehrhardt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] migration issue with qemu 2.10-rc2: QEMU command 'nbd-server-add': Block node is read-only
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 17:34:45 +0200

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 11.08.2017 um 14:04 hat Fam Zheng geschrieben:
> On Fri, 08/11 13:07, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> > Simplifying that to a smaller test:

[...]
> > Block node is read-only
[...]
> This is actually caused by
>
> commit 9c5e6594f15b7364624a3ad40306c396c93a2145
> Author: Kevin Wolf <address@hidden>
> Date:   Thu May 4 18:52:40 2017 +0200
>
>     block: Fix write/resize permissions for inactive images

Yeah in the meantime an automated bisect run is through an agrees.
Thanks for pointing out the right change triggering that so early!

Thanks Kevin for all the suggestions already, I quickly looked at the code but I'm lost there without taking much more time.
Is anybody experienced in that area looking at fixing that?
Because IMHO that is kind of a block bug for 2.10 by breaking formerly working behavior (even as Kevin identified it seems to have done it wrong all the time).