Re: [Qemu-block] Persistent bitmaps for non-qcow2 formats

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] Persistent bitmaps for non-qcow2 formats
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 13:46:24 +0200

Am 22.08.2017 um 21:07 hat John Snow geschrieben:
> Well, we knew we'd want this sooner or later. I've got some pings
> downstream over whether or not we support persistent bitmaps for
> non-qcow2 formats.
>
> Currently: no, we don't.

I was going to write some things about r/w backing file, and I might
still do that later, but for now, let me take a step back:

What is the use case here?

Using a specific image format is not a value in and of itself; it should
be chosen depending on which features you need. What prevents those
downstream users from simply choosing qcow2 for their data, too?

Kevin