qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] performance of qemu

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] performance of qemu
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:16:36 +0200

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:20:24 +0200
Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden> wrote:

: I plan to publish soon some benchmarks against bochs and native execution.
:
: > If I'm not mistaken, the condition codes is simulated using two values and
: > an operator specifying what type of insn that generated the condition codes.
:
: OK.

Good.

: > When is the full eflags register generated?  In the epilogue of a translated
: > block, or when ever an insn/callback reads the eflag register?
:
: Only when an instruction really needs the full eflags register (such as
: pushf).

And at the end of the translated block?  Or does the CC_SRC, CC_DST and CC_OP
live between blocks?