qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc port

From: David S. Miller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc port
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 22:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

   From: Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 18:21:58 +0200

   Is there any advantages in using QEMU as a sparc64 executable ? Do you
   think it would allow to let the full lower 32 bit address space to the
   x86 process ?

Yes, but we need to use the correct code model so that
the qemu executable and linked in libraries sits at or above 4GB.

Even though I coded all of the sparc GCC support for all these
code models, I have no idea how to foce the final executable to
be force linked to use addresses > 4GB.   Someone will need to
experiment here.