qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu and Mathematica

From: Falk Hueffner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu and Mathematica
Date: 09 Jul 2003 13:31:12 +0200

Herbert Pötzl <address@hidden> writes:

> > I'm very interested in getting Mathematica to run with qemu, since
> > I currently do not have an i386 machine. However, trying to run
> > the binary on Alpha results in a segfault:
>
> hmm, why not get a newer version (like 4.2) which should work nicely
> on AlphaLinux ...

Unfortunately, for Alpha Linux, there is only the "professional"
version for ¤2649, which is somewhat more than I would be willing to
pay.

BTW, I meanwhile tried it on i386, and it seems to work mostly:

Mathematica 3.0 for Linux
Copyright 1988-96 Wolfram Research, Inc.
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 82
yp_match: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Function not implemented
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 82
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 82
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 82

huh? 82 seems to be "select", which really should be implemented...
And the yp_match messge seems to come from the binary itself (probably
from the statically linked libc in it). I hope to be able to have a
closer look at this later...

--
        Falk