qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu static elf boot / VGA emulation

From: Stefano Marinelli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu static elf boot / VGA emulation
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:43:06 +0200

Alle 00:27, lunedì 28 luglio 2003, Fabrice Bellard ha scritto:
> Try with my latest fix. I think now the problem is that a proper VGA
> emulation is needed. I plan to add it soon by using an SDL wrapper.

Wow...Fabrice, things are going far now...our dream is coming true! :)
Is anyone working on the software MMU?

> VGA is not suffisant to get proper graphical display). I have the
> following choices:
>
> - Bochs VBE (easy but limited to 8bpp)
> - VMware virtual SVGA (easy but potential driver license problem)
> - Intel i810 (there are good docs but the acceleration is
> complicated) - Another SVGA card ????

I don't really know. Bochs VBE could be a good starting point, but 8bpp
is a bit low in order to use graphical operating systems. VMware is
commercial, and qemu could become an enemy for them, license problems
will likely be noticed and stopped. So Intel could be the best
choice...

Stefano