qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] sparc32 compile on sparc64?

From: Jared P Bostic
Subject: [Qemu-devel] sparc32 compile on sparc64?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:41:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have been watching the development of QEMU and it looks wonderful.
Currently, I'm trying out Debian on a sun4u box (4x400 E3500).  Just
for kicks, I tried compiling the 0.4.3 code with no success - was
expecting that per your web pages, but am curious about the following.
Would it be possible to compile QEMU as a sparc 32-bit app, and run it
on my 64-bit box, albeit slower?  I'm no asm guru, so I wouldn't be
surprised if the answer were no, but I can test any tweaks/hints out,
if you have suggestions.

Thanks (especially to Fabrice - this is cool stuff!)

Jared Bostic
Univ of OK