qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Now for the complicated part of the OS X port...

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Now for the complicated part of the OS X port...
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:21:48 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
I am able to get every file, including vm86.o,  op-i386.o, helper-i386.o,
etc. to compile (after quite a few code mods that disable certain
functionality) except the syscall.c file, but that's because it is made
specifically for Linux, and Darwin will need it's own, which is a job in
itself. The other files that don't compile are those that include the
dyngen-generated includes.

I am wondering if anyone on this list knows much about the Mach-O file
format, and would possibly consider writing a dyngen program that will
generate the appropriate headers so this thing will compile the rest the
way.

If not, Fabrice, do you have any pointers of where I can get a crash
course on writing a dyngen program for Mach-O files so I can let it
process Darwin's applicable files?

The best source of information seems to be the binutils source code (in particular the BFD library patched by Apple). Then it is possible to patch dyngen to support the Mach-O format or to write a Mach-O to ELF object file converter.

Fabrice.