qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ADD] PPC processor emulation

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ADD] PPC processor emulation
Date: 18 Nov 2003 08:28:33 +0100

Here's a set of patches which adds PPC processor as a new target.
The emulation is not complete:
there is no floating point instructions, only quick hacks for
instructions used by the glibc when starting programs.
there is no supervisor mode support for now
the qemu elf loader is buggy and I didn't find the right patch to fix it
by now, so a lot of dynamic programs won't load. I did test a dynamic
bash successfully.
Please note that there are fixes to do in syscalls: terminal control
seems not to work,  so I don't get any prompt with bash.

The good point is that the test programs I did, which checks almost all
emulated instructions, says that all that is implemented works quite
well, for the core CPU emulation.

Here's the file list:
Makefile.diff
Makefile.target.diff
configure.diff
cpu-all.h.diff
cpu-exec.c.diff
disas.c.diff
dyngen-exec.h.diff
elfload.c.diff
gen_multi.c.diff
main.c.diff
ppc.patches
syscall.c.diff
syscall_defs.h.diff
target-ppc__cpu.h.diff
target-ppc__exec.h.diff
target-ppc__helper.c.diff
target-ppc__op.c.diff
target-ppc__op.tpl.diff
target-ppc__ppc_ops.h.diff
target-ppc__syscall.h.diff
target-ppc__syscall_nr.h.diff
target-ppc__translate.c.diff
translate-all.c.diff

Please note that target-ppc__translate.c.diff is bigger than 40 kb so
the mail will need approbation.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized