qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Anything new with the CVS at Savannah?

From: Michael Torrie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Anything new with the CVS at Savannah?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:24:38 -0700

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 14:07, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> OK. I am going to make the 0.5.1 release tonight or tomorrow.
>
> The progress so far for x86 on x86 are that Windows 3.11 can be
> installed and launched but there are still instabilities. I did not try
> with Windows 95 or Windows 98. Windows XP can now be fully installed,
> but it cannot boot correctly yet.

Sounds good.  I'm mainly interested in simply running x86 linux binaries
on linux/ppc (or the other way around).  Running Windows XP in it would
be cool, but not something I need (but would test it for the heck of
it).

I had a compile error on 0.5.0:
/tmp/ccSWYeBw.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccSWYeBw.s:3210: Error: symbol `__op_label0.__func__' is already
defined
make[1]: *** [op.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/qemu-0.5.0/sparc-user'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Of course I don't need sparc emulation right now, so I could just remove
that target from the makefile.

Michael