qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.1

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.1
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:31:44 +0100

Hi,

QEMU 0.5.1 is out.

Many bug fixes have been done in the x86 target in order to launch windows 3.11. CD-ROM and Soundblaster 16 emulation have been added. Windows XP still does not work, but I am getting closer.

A new PowerPC target has been added thanks to Jocelyn Mayer. It can already launch many dynamically linked Linux PPC executables.

I made major improvements in the SPARC target so that it can launch dynamically linked SPARC Linux executables. There are still issues with register window overflows and underflows (hint: help me!).

Now the four QEMU targets can launch a Linux dynamically linked 'ls' executable (try the qemu-gnemul and qemu-tests packages).

Fabrice.