qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Segmentation fault with 0.50 and 0.51 and fedora core l

From: Michael Torrie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Segmentation fault with 0.50 and 0.51 and fedora core ls
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:19:31 -0700

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 06:14, J. Mayer wrote:
> Well, you may rebuild qemu as a static binary on your yellowdog
> distribution. If it compiles without a problem, you'll win :-)
> It seems really more simple than trying to make two glibc available on
> your system...

What does this have to do with my problem of qemu segfaulting when I run
x86 binaries?  qemu builds and runs just fine.  So that's not the
problem.  It already compiles.  Making qemu static will not help my
problem with glibc (remember it's the x86 glibc that's causing the
problems, not the ppc version).  This is a bug in how qemu interacts
with the x86 glibc (in the gnemul folder).  Not saying that it's not
related to the ppc glibc; just that what you're telling me doesn't seem
to fit with my problem.

To recap, xeyes, xterm, ddd, acrobat reader all work under qemu.  I
copied them straight off my fedora core box.  on my ppc yellowdog box,
qemu can run them just fine.  Even a simple hello world that I compiled
works.  However most other binaries cause qemu to segfault with a null
pointer problem, caused most likely by an interaction between qemu and
the x86 glibc stored in the /usr/gnemul folder.

Michael

Michael