qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] new target m68k

From: Tom Musgrove
Subject: [Qemu-devel] new target m68k
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:34:37 +0000

I've gathered information for creating m68k as another target I don't have the time/skill to do it myself right now, but I figured I'd post what I've found for any interested parties

The first two links are to the programmers manual, the primary reference needed

http://alizarin.njit.edu/~rosensta/classes/architecture/252software/68kprm_p1.pdf
http://alizarin.njit.edu/~rosensta/classes/architecture/252software/68kprm_p2.pdf

This site has a number of user manuals for a vast variety of processors (m68k, Dec Alpha, PPC, etc.)
http://casl.csa.iisc.ernet.in/ComputerArchitecture/Manuals/

Other useful sites are the NetBSD kernel, which gives us the syscalls in a nice easy to extract format from the linux compatability layer see
netbsd/src/sys/compat/linux/arch/m68k/linux_syscall.h

Also we need the linux kernel for termbits.h
linux-2.6.1/include/asm-m68k/termbits.h

Also, for testing/comparison/reference we have some projects that already emulate m68k,

Basilisk and Basilisk II

http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html

and the Amiga emulator

http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~uae/