qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] compile failure

From: Martin Garton
Subject: [Qemu-devel] compile failure
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:30:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Having previously compiled qemu succesfully in many environments, I find
It doesn't work for me on one machine. This is version 0.5.2 but I get
same results with current HEAD.

address@hidden qemu]$ make
for d in i386-user i386 i386-softmmu arm-user sparc-user ppc-user; do \
make -C $d all || exit 1 ; \
        done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/martin/QEMU/HEAD/qemu/i386-user'
make[1]: Makefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martin/QEMU/HEAD/qemu/i386-user'
make: *** [all] Error 1
address@hidden qemu]$

as for versions:

address@hidden qemu]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 20031022 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-1)
PURPOSE.

and

address@hidden qemu]$ ld --version
GNU ld version 2.14.90.0.6 20030820
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.

This is Fedora core 1 on an Athlon XP 1600

Does anyone know what might be happening. I'm proficient at c, but linking
and the like is not my forte. Please let my know if more info is needed.

Regards,
Martin.