qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Code Copy / New Linux boot code

From: Michael Torrie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Code Copy / New Linux boot code
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:27:37 -0700

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 20:43, Ed Suominen wrote:
> Jamie, your rootless windows concept, in conjunction with QEMU's
> emerging ability to provide VMware-like virtualization in a GPL package,
> could be an excellent way to make existing Windows speech recognition
> software seamlessly usable on the linux desktop. If it's not too much
> trouble, please keep me apprised of your progress in this area!

Seems like the best approach would be to write a special graphics driver
for MS Windows that would translate gdi calls into X calls, allowing
Windows windows to be displayed on the X desktop, with the Windows
desktop hidden.  Eventually things like the system tray could be thunked
to display icons in the Gnome/KDE tray area.  All in all, I think such a
thing would be incredibly useful.

Michael