qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ARM on x86 user mode] segfault during call to gethostbynam

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ARM on x86 user mode] segfault during call to gethostbyname
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:09:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

during my attempt to debug qemu issues on ARM user emulation running MICO
binaries, I have found that the last function which we call before crash
is gethostbyname (I have used -d to found it out, great option btw :-))

So I have written as simple as possible testcase which looks:

----

#include <netdb.h>

int
main()
{
struct hostent *hent = gethostbyname ("localhost");
return 0;
}

----

compiled with arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -static -o arm-gethostbyname
gethostbyname.c it produces static binary which is able to duplicate this
issue.

thinkpad:/tmp$ arm.sh -d ./arm-gethostbyname
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - exiting
thinkpad:/tmp$

I can also provide you with full binary on request.

Stupid question: is there any way how to debug QEMU better? i.e. how to
where is the problem?

Thanks,

Karel
--