qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC emulation on Qemu

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC emulation on Qemu
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 01:59:17 +0100

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 00:13, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > In theory, we could do that.
> > But it needs deep kernel patch as I think Linux never uses little-endian
> > pages on PPC. Maybe with a kind a mmap flag ? :-)
> > But, I don't think you can control endian mode for each page,
> > but only for 128 Mb large areas...
>
> Endian control depends on the CPU type (BookE has per page E bit,
> 6xx/7xx desktops have a global endian mode, and G5s don't have little
> endian support at all).

Well, it doesn't seem to be usable...

> It's useless but for old versions of Windows NT, which means it's
> useless, period. :)

It could improve performance for little-endian architectures emulation,
but l<n>brx & st<n>brx may be as efficient as this mode, so let's forget
about it...

> > Well, you can get MOL sources via rsync, but not their openbios
> > repository. You can get the "official" openbios via cvs, but there is no
> > support for PPC...
>
> If you look at the MOL bk web front end, you'll see an openbios dir
> in there)

Yep, I've already seen it, but I can't get the a copy of this
repository. But I saw it's a copy of a CVS tree. Is this tree available
somewhere ?

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized