qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Access to the host filesystem

From: Martin Garton
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Access to the host filesystem
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:25:49 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> 1) Do nothing and just use the network with NFS or Samba host servers.
> It is the easiest solution but it requires a complicated host and guest
> configuration.

This is my preferred optino. It's not really that complicated to set up.
eg, for a windows host on a linux guest for a typical distro its a few
lines in smb.conf (or possibly even a few clicks on some config front end
these days)

Even if it was slightly more complicated you could always have a separate
config tool to help with the setup (like vmware does for its networking
setup I believe)

Regards,
Martin.