qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Access to the host filesystem

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Access to the host filesystem
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:21:35 +0100 (CET)

I vote for option 1.

Why:
- configuration of Samba or NFS or CIFS is not so complicated, I think
- Windows guests will not need any configuration probably
- You cannot implement all protocols
- implementing that will be time consuming and will not allow developers
focus on more important things
- this is code duplication with kernel/samba/NFS
- security problems and need for updates and maintaining the code

I know that in VMWare there is such utility and is not working for me
correctly (it hangs/hangs the windows/stops responding/etc.). So I have
bad experiencess...

I you configure the host in standard way, you can fully customize your
settings and achieve stability, reliability and security of the newest
versions of the original implementations.

That is what I think...

Grzegorz Kulewski