qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Debugging

From: Tom Musgrove
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Debugging
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:47:15 +0000

Hi,

I have some questions on debugging - here is exactly what I'm doing, might be of use to other newbies with gdb

# cd qemu
# gdb i386-softmmu/qemu
# break main
# run  /Users/tom/Desktop/linux.img -d
# step

okay, I keep stepping

I get to line 981 setvbuf(logfile,NULL, _IOLBF, 0);

Then after the next step, it prints out tlb_flush:

with a ton of apparently memorry addresses and such (I'll include as attachments runs from both freedos.img and linux.img).

then finally it prints

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
0x00020b28 in cpu_x86_exec (env1=0x1f) at /Users/tom/darwine/related/qemu/exec-all.h:284
284         if (!tb->jmp_next[n]) {

any further attempts to step repeat the above message

This is off of the Darwin porting branch set up by Pierre.

Tom M.

Say “good-bye” to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/