qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] successes and failures with QEMU so far

From: Sebastien Bechet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] successes and failures with QEMU so far
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:43:45 +0100

Windows tips for CVS current :

* Use windows 98se not others

* Do not try to boot directly on CDROM but creat win98 floppy disk to do
that (same BIOS panic as u, dono why for now).

* fdisk and format harddisk using MSDOS on this floppy disk _not_
freedos

* do not forget to type "lock c:" before runing win98 setup. Not sure it
is really useful but...

* do not use win95 floppy disk for now because there is DMA floppy
problem in qemu for this floppy (Fabrice is working on it).

* It's working for me. I think it will be really useable in one or two
months (bugs ...) for simple windows applications w/o very big screen
constraint.

... qemu is _fast_ ...

--
Sebastien Bechet <address@hidden>