qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] benchmarks

From: James Boddington
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] benchmarks
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:56:36 +1000

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:09 pm, Gabriel Ebner wrote:
> Don't forget bochs. (I know its not commercial, but its AFAIK the only
> viable free alternative to qemu)

I have been playing a little bit with timing something representative of
what I have been doing. For this I timed building bash. This involved
fetching from a ftp server, unpacking, configure, build and install.

native on an athlon xp1600 1 minute 40 seconds
uml (2.4.24) in tt mode      just over 13 minutes
in a qemu (not qemu-fast) virtual machine 30 minutes
bochs took 118 minutes

These are recent cvs snapshots for both qemu and bochs. Used the default
compile flags.

--

   James