qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Just a question - DX

From: Gabriel Guzmics
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Just a question - DX
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:30:11 +0100

I just was sitting at the loo when a thought pinged into my mind:
would be directX calls possible?

Just a question: If D3D calls would be passed to the graphics card by the
virtual graphics driver, would that work?

One of the greatest disadvanteges of Linux for being Desktop Software is the
missing implementation of DirectX (OpenGL on most cards is slower, too, like
on my nVidia GeForce 5)

I dont know really if this could be solved anyhow without rewriting the whole
DX-Core (like Wine does it) but maybe making DX runnable thru the virtual
graphics driver? I dont know really how DirectX works, thats why I cant
really tell if this thought is rather stupid, or not.

its just a question, note