qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu floppy error in Reatos

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu floppy error in Reatos
Date: 12 Mar 2004 21:41:17 +0100

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:45, Jens Arm wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I run Reactos and open the explorer or the browse in the run command in
> start
> I get this error in the qemu console:
>
> FLOPPY ERROR: fdctrl_write_data: treat READ_ID command
>
> After this error Reactos is hanging :(
> Any hints?

I can send you my latest floppy code (which needs qemu CVS in order to
compile properly), because I did fix a lot of issues (Fabrice point some
of those to me...), if you want to test it.
My excuse is that I was never able to launch ReactOS by now...

One other thing you could do is recompile with DEBUG_FLOPPY defined
in fdc.c and mail me the traces. I may find something interresting this
way...
I suspect it could be the same bug that the one that makes Win98 hangs
on floppy accesses. This bug is a DMA one and still need to be fixed...

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized