qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu and OS/2

From: Sami Haahtinen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu and OS/2
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:03:36 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Can you try the CVS ? I made a specific VGA fix for the OS/2 install (you can see the OS/2 & IBM logo), but there are still problems after.

I built the CVS version, and the installation goes quite a bit further. Now things fail in disk1 (which is the second disk of the installation)

If OS/2 does not rely on segment limit checks or weird FPU exceptions, then there is a chance that QEMU can launch it soon.

At the moment, things go a lot better than with any of the other emulators i have tried, so things are looking pretty good.

I created a trace of the crash (yeah, qemu exits with segfault) and it's available at http://ressukka.net/~ressu/merlin.log.gz (the log is 6 megs compressed). And in case you (or someone else) need the installation floppies, disk0 and disk1_cd which should be enough to reproduce the issue. I can provide them for testing purposes. (i don't want to put them up for public)

Regards, Sami