qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: SDL_GRAB problem

From: Richard Zidlicky
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: SDL_GRAB problem
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:18:35 +0100

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:35:36AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Option "AllowDeactivateGrabs" "boolean"
>        This  option  enables  the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad???Divide key
>        sequence to deactivate any active  keyboard  and  mouse  grabs.
>        Default: off.

that looks like an extremely usefull option for developpers, I don't
even recall how often I needed a remote login to debug programs that
use grabs :)

For the average user this is still a bit difficult I am afraid.

> Strictly speaking, it may be an X server bug that the grab persists when
> the client goes away.

client didn't go away in my case so it is not an X bug. An strace
displayed some SIGALRM in qemu and nothing else as far as I could see.
After killing qemu the X server was fine again.

Now, excuse for the completely offtopic Q: Once every year or so
my Xemacs looses sync with the Xserver.. usually there is some
message suggesting xlib lost some reply or got an unexpected one.
Is there any way to revive the app in such a case?

Richard