qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu fails to run Acad

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu fails to run Acad
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:33:45 +0100

Le Thursday 18 March 2004 15:50, Gaël Varoquaux a écrit :
> Anyway, if it can help inproving qemu, there is a disk image with dos
> and acad at http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/varoquau/diskim.gz .

Dear Gaël Varoquaux,

To my knowledge, MS Dos 6.2.2 costs approximatively  $19 per license.

Even if I have not used MS products for years now, I am quite sure MS Dos
6.2.2 is not offered for free. Autocad on DOS is not free too. Or can you say
the converse?

If you do not remove this link immediately, you will be liable for direct and
indect losses of releasing an MS software freely over the net.

Please understand that the developers and users from Qemu cannot be accused of
being pirates. We respect copyright and authors like all free software
authors and developers.

If the link is not removed by tomorrow morning Friday 19 March 8:00 (French
time), I will send a letter (A/R) to your school in France (with copy to
Microsoft France and Autodesk) and then hand off this question to my lawyer.

What do other people on the list think about this issue?

Jean-Michel Pouré
TranslationForge
SA with capital of 40.000 euros
38 bld de la République