qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu and OS/2

From: Sami Haahtinen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu and OS/2
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:35:38 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
My latest patches should improve the OS/2 Warp behavior (with the install disks you can have the OS/2 prompt).

When did the default for static build change from no to yes?
Also, when building static, it appears that SDL in debian needs -lgpm too. (aalib depends on it apparently)

And back to the point. The installation does get further, but it appears that it infact does crash now and then. The installation works better on some occations. First it failed to format, and just now it failed to install.

On the last attempt it printed this a few times:
FLOPPY ERROR: fdctrl_transfer_handler: writting sector 0
FLOPPY ERROR: fdctrl_transfer_handler: writting sector 0
FLOPPY ERROR: fdctrl_transfer_handler: writting sector 0

Otherwise, it might be installable. I'll keep on trying..

Note that the CVS version of Bochs is able to boot OS/2.

Nice, it's good to see OS projects take the lead from commercial ones.

The most important issue now for OS/2 and some other OSes seems to be the RTC emulation (QEMU uses the host timer, so it cannot have a resolution bigger than 10 ms for timer interrupts on 2.4 host Linux kernels, and some guest OSes need a timer interrupt with a period < 10 ms).

does it work any better on 2.6? I'm currently trying out qemu on 2.6, could that be a source for problems?

-- Sami