qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem in compiling qemu on Gentoo unstable

From: Kyle Hayes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem in compiling qemu on Gentoo unstable
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:17:29 -0800

On Monday 22 March 2004 16:42, Luca Ferroni wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have an up to date x86 Gentoo and I can't compile qemu-fast
> I get this warning followed by an error:
[snip]
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-
>gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
>
> I think this may depend on the way libsdl was compiled, in fact if
> I compile this lib without alsa support, I get the error in the
> flag -lggi
>
> On my system I have
>
> libsdl 1.2.7
> alsa-lib 1.0.3b-r1
> libggi 2.0.1-r1
> libgii 0.8.1
>
> I am using qemu cvs snapshot

On my gentoo box I've been getting this whenever I want to compile the
static targets of QEMU.  There is no libasound.a in /usr/lib.  The
alsa package does not make a static version of it.  I've emailed the
ebuild maintainer but haven't received anything for two weeks.

So, if you don't make the static targets, I think things work.  I'm
not sure why some ebuilds do not make the static versions of the
libraries too.

I see no workaround for this until the ebuilds are fixed.

Best,
Kyle