qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] libnas, lib-alsa-devel and other compilation error - SOLUTI

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] libnas, lib-alsa-devel and other compilation error - SOLUTION
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:43:27 +0200

Hi,

I have compiled QEMU on 3 machines and each one gave me some error which is
related (after lots of digging) to the SDL build on the machine..

Quite few people upgrade on their Linux some packages (KDE, GNOME, XFree, etc)
but leave the SDL (which is linked to these big packages) as it is, which
breaks compilation of new applications..

My suggestion would be either one of the following options:

1. Rebuild SDL from source, manually - either the tarball or rebuild the
src.rpm
2. Install the latest RPMS from libsdl.org

Both can be found at:  http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

I found that rebuildining the src.rpm on RPM based distributions (redhat,
Mandrake, SuSE, United Linux) gave the best solutions and after installing
the RPMS which I built from the src.rpm - all the qemu compilation problems
dissapeared..

FYI..

Thanks,
Hetz