qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: ne2000 patches (now it works on win98)

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: ne2000 patches (now it works on win98)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:36:46 +0100

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 06:56:15PM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Is this a fresh install of win98 using QEMU? my tests of installing shows
> that
> the install of win98SE detecds "bad CD" after 6% of installation progress..

yes.
I have installed Win98SE from scratch using the MSDN CD-ROM.
I have started the installation from a rescue disk (in which I have
kept only the oakcdrom.sys driver - I had some trouble with the others).

All the installation went okay but at the reboot it did not recognize the
cdrom. I copied oakcdrom.sys in c:\windows\system and I added:

to c:\config.sys
device=c:\windows\system\oakcdrom.sys /D:MSCD001

to c:\autoexec.bat
mscdex /D:MSCD001

Then I could access also the cdrom.

The network interface is configured as novell-antherm "NE 2000
compatible"
IRQ and IOMEM must be configured by hand.

I have already a problem with the video adapter.
At boot time it says there is a configuration problem, but I have not
found yet a way to reconfigure it. I was told there is a vesa driver for
bochs somewhere....
For now it works as a standard vga 640x480/4bits.

renzo