qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU News

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU News
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:55:25 +0200

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 09:14:54PM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> - Timer API for the device drivers (similar to the Linux kernel timers).
> It will enable the use of a virtual cycle counter to have a fully
> deterministic emulation (useful for debugging).

There is a bug. On a P4 I have got a SIGFPE.
The fix is here attached.
The asm call inside cpu_get_real_ticks (file vl.c) must be defined
volatile.
It seems that otherwise somewhere (gcc?) a code optimization instead
of evaluating twice the same instruction takes the former output value,
thus the count of tick per seconds results to be zero.

ciao
        renzo