qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: live cvs ebuild for gentoo - maybe?

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: live cvs ebuild for gentoo - maybe?
Date: 02 Apr 2004 15:47:14 +0200

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 13:12, Gabriel Ebner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Rudi Lippert wrote:
> > does anyone have experience with live cvs ebuilds for gentoo linux?
> > maybe jocelyn could create such an ebuild for qemu. this would make
> > building qemu as easy as installing any other package as it would include
> > all the dependencies.
> > of course, this would only help gentoo users, but it seems that there are
> > quite a few of us interested in qemu.
>
> My qemu cvs ebuild is attached; but be warned that I'm new to writing
> ebuilds and so don't blame me if somethings fails.

Here's another ebuild.
This one minimises the patch against qemu-0.5.2 ebuild
and seems to be usable.

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized

DESCRIPTION="Multi-platform & multi-targets dynamic translator"
SRC_URI=""
HOMEPAGE="http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/";

KEYWORDS="x86 ppc -alpha -sparc -arm"
SLOT="0"
LICENSE="GPL-2 LGPL-2.1"
IUSE=""

DEPEND="virtual/glibc
                dev-util/cvs
                media-libs/libsdl"
RDEPEND=""

RESTRICT="nostrip fetch"

TARGET_LIST="arm-user i386-user i386-softmmu ppc-user sparc-user"

src_unpack() {
        # This is hackish, but it works.
        addwrite ${DISTDIR}/cvs-src
        mkdir -p ${DISTDIR}/cvs-src/
        cd ${DISTDIR}/cvs-src

        einfo "Checking out latest qemu from CVS..."
        export CVS_RSH=ssh
        cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/qemu co qemu \
                || die "could not checkout source from cvs"
        cp -a qemu ${S}

        # Fix an ownership porblem
        chown -R portage:portage ${S}
}

src_compile () {
        ./configure --prefix=/usr \
                                --target-list="${TARGET_LIST}" || die "could
not configure"
        make || die "make failed"
}

src_install() {
        dobin qemu-mkcow
        dodir /usr/share/qemu
        insinto /usr/share/qemu
        doins pc-bios/bios.bin pc-bios/vgabios.bin
        doman qemu.1

        dobin arm-user/qemu-arm
        dobin i386-user/qemu-i386
        dobin sparc-user/qemu-sparc
        dobin ppc-user/qemu-ppc
        dobin sparc-user/qemu-sparc

        dobin i386-softmmu/qemu

        dodoc README README.distrib *.html linux.sh
}

pkg_postinstall() {
        echo ">> You will need the Universal TUN/TAP driver compiled into"
        echo ">> kernel or as a module to use the virtual network device."
}